Sunday, November 30, 2008

Day 2?

Something like that. Staying here makes me lose track of time. I have no idea what time it is or what day it is. This is either because I have no television to time my life to or that I’m not glued to the computer so I can’t stare at the clock or that heat and humidity has fried my brain completely. Probably both lol. Well now we’re entering Day Three and the last two days have just gone by in a flash, so quickly that I can barely keep up with the blogs. That and when you get home at like 12:30 after stuffing our faces with perhaps the best food ever, like we did today, blogging is the last thing on your mind. Your either trying to cool down, find out what has been happening in the world (especially in Mubai. I mean WTF??!! It amazes me the cruelty people can do) or want to just close your eyes and sleep.

Anyway...Yesterday...well lets just say Thursday since its now Saturday. Thursday...bleh can barely remember what we did. Oh thats right. We just spent the day setting stuff up, like getting our phones to work, explore a bit and just get everything arranged so we can be comfortable here and for when the girls arrive. So started in the morning with breakfast at a shop really close to us where we got carrot cake (its not how it sounds, it looks more like noodles than actual cake) and coffee. After that we went to the mall, where everything was like closed. Things here don’t open till like 10 so we had like an hour or so to just bum around for a bit so we seated ourselves down in front of KFC and err...”borrowed” the internet from the place. While online, I asked Betty to ask Three at home about international roaming and Gabriel just talked to people. Afterwards, shops opened and we went to the pharmacy to see if they sold power adaptors, which they didnt so we had to go to this place called Home Fix or something where we got a couple. Lol, apparently Gabriel brought the wrong adaptor from Melbourne. He took a Singaporean to Australian instead of the other way round lol. Oh well. We got like a universal one so should be alright. Afterwards just checked out phone plans for prepaids and plans for our phones and for when Gabriel goes for NS. After that was a bit of a blur and think we just explored the whole place before heading back to Gabriel’s place to borrow some more internet where I managed to turn on my roaming but didnt get my phone to work because I had to search for the network using my phone, which I didnt know I had to do. We also got a international call card so we could call home, which we did after we figured out how it works lol. Ah so nice hearing Mum’s voice after so long. Lol, feels weird without it. Anyway, we didnt really talk about much, except how I was doing and stuff, and she tells me about what happened in Mumbai, which at the time I had no idea about because we had no internet access and I didnt really use the time on “borrowed” internet to look up the news. She said it was just a bombing that killed 180 people but when I looked it up, it was much worse than I thought, as it was actual gunmen. The newspapers here called it “India’s 9/11”, which I agree with.

After that we went to KFC for lunch and then went to another shopping centre to look at stuff. Lol, so weird their KFC, like I was asked if I wanted chilli sauce and I said no (as you all know, I cant really hack hot foods) and the counter woman just gave me this like really strange look, as though I was some sort of weirdo for not wanting chilli. But like everything here is spicy. Even the carrot cake was spicy lol. Anyway, then came back, found all the internet connections were locked off so think just watched tv or read the newspaper we bought at the start of the day when we bought other essentials such as shampoo and newspaper and green tea drink lol. Think we bought something as well but cant remember what. Oh thats right, a razor for me to shave with.

Soon, Gabriel’s grandfather took us out to eat dinner with Gabriel’s uncle and aunties and cousins, (one of whom apparently studied in Monash) which was nice. We ate outside at some seafood restaurant and the food was soo nice. We had crab and vegetables and chicken satays which was soo good. They taste so nice. Anyway, we eat till I could barely move anymore and we head back, take a long deserved cold shower and think off to sleep. Or steal songs off Gabriel’s hard drive. Forget lol.

Well yesterday (Friday) was a more fuller day as we had essentially gotten everything done but still had to sort out Gabriel’s IC and Passport stuff for Singapore so spent a bit of time at the Immigration Centre. But started day off with breakfast and we ate out again. Apparently everyone eats out in Singapore. No one really eats at home.

We ate at this place that was owned by NTUC, a company that owns all this stuff such supermarkets (which apparently it has a monopoly on) and convenient stores and apparently restaurants. Gabs got us both some noodles to eat which was really nice (I swear all the food here is nice. Havent had anything I didnt like or was just plain ordinary. Just thinking about food makes me salivate) Think afterwards we got some more food again lol.We got these fish things wrapped in banana paper I think. Forgot what it was called. Also had some cold drinks at a Hk cafe in the shopping centre. Food there also looked nice but we just got drinks instead. Cold ones naturally. I got an iced milo and Gabs got an iced coffee. Not sure about his coffee but my iced milo was great. Anyway after we eat, we walk around for a place for Gabriel to get a haircut but none of them were open, even after 10. So we’re about to leave and head back when we come across this hair dressers which was open so Gabs goes in and gets his hair done up while I sit back and watch some kid having the time of his life flicking a rubber band. Wish I could be like that, have fun with the really simple things in life. Anyway, Gabs finally finish and he comes out looking like he did before. His hair wasn’t cut that much shorter. Oh well. Good enough I suppose.

We head back to Gabriel’s place where he gets changed to go to Town. I didnt really change, just stay in shorts and shirt but changed from flip-flops to shoes. We catch the train there using our Ezylink card, which is like HK’s Octopus card and just beep your way through. So much better than the metcard system in Melbourne. We had to get off at Jurong East and catch another line to lavender where we got off and went to the Immigration place and headed upstairs where Gabriel had to get his passport. He takes his number and we just sit in this large room and wait. It was soo packed. There were so many people but since there were heaps of counters, we got there son. Problem was Gabriel couldn’t get his passport renewed because he didnt have his IC so he had to go up stairs again to get his IC done, as well as take photos for them. Ran into problems when Gabriel didnt have the right documents so we decided to just go to Bugis Shopping Centre which is SOOOO COOL!!!!!!!! I want to go back. We didnt buy anything though, everything there was a bit pricey. But still nice. We decided to get lunch and went to Mos Burger where Gabriel ordered us a rice beef burger and an unagi rice burger. The burger was so cool, it wasn’t bread it was like rice stuck together lol. It was nice but I dunno, rice tasted a bit plain (my first criticism over the food here lol) but the chips and coke were nice. The coke had like a limey taste to it. We look around for a place to access the internet and print stuff, and saw there wasa net cafe across the road from the burger place, but didnt go there. Instead just walked around for a while before going to the National Library, where Gabriel tried to sign up using his student card but he had quite a bit of trouble signing up but got there eventually and managed to print off the stuff he needed and went back and got his stuff done.

Came back to his place and we were starving so on the way we got some Nasi Lemak which was really nice. Had some duck and pork which apparently was left over from his grandparent’s dinner last night. Tasted great. Later that night, spent most of the time walking around trying to find the place Gabriel had to deliver the Krispy Kremes to before finally finding it and then catching a train to meet up with Gabriel’s friend Bryan and ate at this Muslim place I think. Or might have been Indian. Whatever it was, the food was delicious. It was sooo good. First we started off with ice cold drinks, I didnt know what to get so I just got whatever looked nice, which was a Mango Spin. Think it was just mango blended with ice. So nice, so cold and thick so takes a while to drink. O good after spending who knows how long walking around looking for some guy’s house. We had some satays and then moved onto the main which was this omelette kinda thing. Kinda like those Japanese pancakes okonomiyaki but with eggs, onions and chicken. Put that with curry and omgsh its the best. Think the term would be shiok lol. Afterwards we had dessert of this ice with jelly some ball thingoes. Tasted really nice but think I prefer Ice kachang. Afterwards just bussed home and went to sleep pretty much immediately as we were so tired from the whole day.

And that was pretty much my first two days. Sooo fun. Cant wait for Betty and Linda to arrive so we can do all the other fun stuff and go shopping together. Also I think I need a bit of a manicure. Nails feel so long lol. The place near Gab’s gives $5 manicures which seems pretty good but I dunno, feels weird getting it professionally done. Feels like its a girl’s thing. I’ll think about it.

Also, now I do kinda agree with people that I am addicted to coffee. I haven’t had a coffee routine (like having 1 in the morning everyday and have regular teas) like I do at home so it’s been a bit irregular, only getting an ice coffee every now and then. And not sure when my last coffee prior to today was and this morning I had a really bad headache that just didnt seem to go away, which I just put down to the heat or not eating, and even after I ate and had a nice cold drink in a fully air conditioned shopping centre, still had the headache. However, after arriving at a train station and got a can of ice coffee, poof, headache was gone, as though like magic. Lol, today was like caffeine overload. First had that can of Boss Ice Coffee (which Im addicted to now. Its sooo nice. Do we have that stuff back in Melbourne?) then a Gloria Jeans latter and later another can of Boss Coffee. Hmmm think that was all. Doesnt seem like that much now that I look at it, though normally I limit myself to 1 cup of coffee daily and make the rest teas.

Anyway, I reckon this post is long enough lol. Probably too long so I’ll put an end to it now before someone complains. That and I need sleep.

Janson.

1 Comments:

Blogger Janice Lois said...

It was another wonderful day of your holiday trip.

December 1, 2008 at 4:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home