Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Back in Singapore for the girls

Okay, I know this is a tad late, considering the girls are no longer in Singapore and arent even overseas and are back home in Melbourne. That and for the past two weeks we've been in Hong Kong lol. And dont worry, that post will be up later. Sorry but its another essay lol. Hard to just compress everything we've done into a few sentences. And sorry for this essay too. Betty wrote most of it so...blame it on her.

Right now Betty is too tired to blog about her own experiences in Singapore so it seems I’ll have to do it for her. She wanted to dictate to me for her but since I hate dictation, I’ll just go ahead and write what we’ve done so far. Hmmm well since we’ve arrived from Malaysia, we’ve been trying to do all the touristy things like going to Orchard Road at night, going to the roof of the Esplanade, going to Sentosa, going to Queensway to look at clothes...errrr...what else did we do...Well lets just talk about the things that I remember. Betty or Linda can fill in the gaps. Oh yes thats right, we also saw the world’s biggest fountain at Suntec City which was sooo cool. Had like a laser show and music to it. Was a pretty fun place to be. Real party atmosphere there. The laser show was a bit crap though. Seemed more like ads than anything else lol. Still nice place to be though. It seems that ever since the girls arrived, the weather has been like cooler. Not as hot as when I first got here. They say they took the good weather with them but if thats the case they also took the rain to Malaysia. Why do I feel as though I’ve said this stuff before.

Okay lazy janson gave up so it’s betty here

Hello! We’re back from Malaysia and we did quite a lot of touring around Singapore. Let me just try and recap of all the things we did. The day we got back from Malaysia we woke up, and Gabriel decided to take us to Chinese Garden, it was really pretty, many little ‘fake’ things (eg. A fake version of the forbidden city) and all these chinese buildings. There was also this turtle museum which cost us i think $5 to get in, we got to see the world’s largest turtle,... cool ey? There was also this snapper turtle and when you would hold ur hand up it would come and try to bite it. We were rather safe cos we were behind a glass screen. So after Chinese Garden, Gabriel toured us around Singapore, we went on the Singapore River cruise, it was really pretty a lot of photos will be posted up on facebook soon. Afterwards i believe we went to eat dinner at ‘Boon Tong Kee’ a restaurant famous for it’s kick ass chicken rice. And MAN it was SHOIK! After that we went to Orchard Road, it’s sooo pretty lights flickering everywhere, cars with their headlights, people walking around, and CLEAN SIDE WALKS. Hahahha everything is so clean in Singapore. We walked around, I took many photos hehe!. And then we stopped by this coffee place called TCC (the coffee connoisseur) I got a Christmas chocolate frappe it was really pretty and nice, i couldn’t even finish it cos the serving was soo big. The atmosphere at the TCC would be a place i could have a drink and chat with someone for hours, it’s such a pretty and nice place. Afterwards we decided to retire after a long day, buy some drinks at ‘cheers’ and then make it back home.

*Also we met up with Gabriel’s friend Eddie after Chinese gardens at Jurong point at Boon Lay and had Mos Burger, though we only had a bit of a talk with Eddie as he had to off somewhere.

Thursday we went to Queens way. Because Gabriel had to go to the Identification centre or Army thing whatever administration thing he was due for, Janson took us around this mall which he discovered himself while exploring Singapore. Before that though, Gabriel had to drop off some stuff for his grandmother at where he used to live at Bukit Batok I think, and while we were there, we had lunch/breakfast/brunch at the food court place there, which was where Gabriel used to eat all the time when he was younger and lived there. The food there was pretty nice, I had this relaly nice prawn wonton noodles which only cost me i think $3 janson had this mutton thing something that was like what we had when Linda and i first arrived in Singapore, Linda had hokkien noodles and Gabriel had two dishes lol. Think he had Nasi Lemak and...somethng else.
It was as usual a rather hot day, so we stopped by the food area, and i got my mango pudding ice thing (it’s like, mango, then a mango puree with grape fruit bits, and ice shavings) it’s my favourite dessert in hk. Janson got this ice shaving coffee dessert and linda got an apple bubble cup thing which was really good, better than bubble cup. We then went to the mall next door, looked around trying to look for cheap stuff, but nothing seemed to entice us. It suddenly started to rain really heavily so we decided to stay indoors and wait for Gabriel to come and meet us. We stayed at McDonalds where we ate fries and i got an evian water. Gabriel eventually came to meet up with us and his entrance was hilarious, he was drenched from top to bottom, and foolishly used his important documents which were all in an envelope as his umbrella. We sat for a while at Mcdonalds watching Gabriel trying to air out his soaked important documents.

Janson again. Betty’s gone off to sleep since its sooo bloody late now (its 2 at the moment) and since Im up and on night duty to wait for our ENTERS to come out (which is scaring the s**ts out of me right now) and I have to stay awake so I can wake the others on at 4, I might as well spend the remaining two hours before my doom writing about all the fun that we’ve had in Singapore since the girls arrived. Well from where Betty left off, after Gabriel arrived and we bummed around for a bit and then we set off to Suntec City to look at the worlds biggest fountain. Our original plan of the night was to go on night safari but since we couldn’t because of the horrible rain, we just decided to do more urban things, like that and also go to the Esplanade. It didnt rain that night but I don’t think it would have mattered as it would have been really muddy so Im glad we just went to Town and went to those places. First we went to the fountain and before we went, we just had dinner at this Thai place Gabriel said had the best tomyam soup which I got to admit was pretty good. I forgot what the place was called though but it was right outside the fountain. The food was pretty good though I cant really remember what we ordered. It was Tomyam, green curry, pineapple rice, some other type of rice and some vegetables.
After dinner, we went out just in time to catch the start of the laser show, which I found to be pretty good, though a bit weird because of the ads they put in. We head upstairs thinking that was it, but when we get to the top, the real show begins which was pretty good, though I couldnt see much from my angle. Afterwards, (think it was afterwards) we went to the top of the Esplanade so that Betty and Linda could experience the great views you get from up there, the same ones I got when I first went there. From then, think we just went back and rest up for the most exciting day we would have the next day.

The next day we took very easy, just stayed at home and veged out on Linda’s legitimately purchased season 1 of How I Met Your Mother which was sooo funny. We watched like 12 eps or something before we started to head out to Bedok where we were going to have dinner and meet up Gabriel’s cousins so that they could take us night riding which was soooo sooo much fun. Best thing that I’ve done in Singapore, in my whole life in fact. It was sooo exhilarating to just fly through Singapore on bikes for entire night.
We went all over the place, riding from Bedok all the way to Orchard and Doubhi Gout and then back from like 11 at night to 7 in the morning. We had breakfast at maccas where I had this pancake burger thing that had egg and two patties that looked disgusting but tasted really nice. Everything was like so soft. Afterwards we rode to a jetty hoping to catch the sunrise but we couldn’t see anything because it was too cloudy that morning. Afterwards we split up and we took a taxi back to the nearest train station and trained back home. I was soo dead after all that. Could barely raise a whisper.
The next day we just veged out on more How I met Your Mother before I stayed up to wait for our ENTERS to come out. I stayed up because someone had to wake everyone else up. I did alright. Didnt get as high as I wanted but got high enough to get into a course I wanted (and maybe even my first preference through fringe score but pretty unlikely). Congratulations to everyone who did exceptionally well and to those who didnt, who gives a rats ass. Its just a stupid number. Means nothing. Doesn’t determine who you are or what you become.

The next day we met up with Mei Chin and Hui Ying again and went to a boardgames cafe which was actually pretty fun, though I sucked at most of the games. Linda kept on winning the shooting game. Dont even ask about the ugly dog game. I got killed in that. Last game we played was this vampire game thing which was pretty fun. Sadly we had to end the game as our time ran out. Afterwards Hui Ying introduced us to Kaya toast which was the best thing invented since sliced bread. It was fully shiok lol. Then we just bummed around until we went to pick up Pete from the airport and took him back to Gab’s place to pack and shower before we got picked up by Gabriel’s auntie who lives near the airport and took us back to her place to get some rest before we left for our flight. After we checked in, Gabriel, Pete and I (Linda and Betty were catching a later flight) got some food from Delifrance which was pretty nice. I had a chicken pie which was really nice. Afterwards we just went and caught our flight, which I was soo wasted for. I slept through out the whole thing, even take off. I tried to stay awake for the landing but couldn’t. It was also fricken freezing when we landed. I had to borrow Pete’s jacket to stay warm lol.

Thats all for now. I’ll blog about all the stuff we did in Hong Kong a little later, when Im not as tired and don’t have to wake up early to go to Disney Land tomorrow. Its a bitch in HK because we have no internet and have to “borrow”, which is annoying because it keeps on disconnecting and is hella slow. Other than that, Hong Kong is freaking awesome. Shopping in Hong Kong is the best thing ever. Only problem is that it seriously kills your wallet. Sure killed me today at Mong Kok. But I’ll tell of that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home