Sunday, December 7, 2008

Leaving on a jetplane...

Lol, not really, though we are leaving on a airebus...no not a380 airbus. Airebus as in bus to Malaysia airbus. Misleading huh? The logo even has wings on it to mislead you even further. When I first saw it, I had an idea that the bus had actual wings on it lol. Before when we were waiting at the DFS building in Singapore for the bus, I kept on humming Leaving on a Jetplane lol, you know that song from Armageddon.
Just then we cleared Malaysian Immigration so now we’re officially on Malaysian soil, and its soaking wet. It’s bucketing rain here at the moment and before when we were outside, all you could really hear was the rain. It was incredible but I hope it doesn’t continue, otherwise we might have to stay in for tonight and considering we’re only in Malaysia for a limited time (see us while we’re hot lol) I want to spend as much of the time we have in this country as possible, though maybe not in the bad areas because we don’t want to get mugged, pick-pocketed or robbed. Lol, we were so paranoid this morning when we were doing our final packing. We were like “no hold your bag like this, close to your body” and “Im tucking my zip into my bag” and “Im hanging my passport right by my stomach” and “OMGSH OMGSH is this safe? Is this lock safe enough?”. We went so far as to put locks on our carry on bags. I have a lock on my Adidas school bag. Looks weird. With all these precautions, I really ask myself again, “Why are we going to Malaysia?” lol. But Im sure it’ll be heaps of fun. Get to stay in a hotel which I haven’t done in ages. At least ten years lol.

Right now I have Betty next to me and having her read over this to make sure I have no typos, Gabriel and Linda behind us doing something, though I don’t know what. Making a bit of noise. Use your imagination lol. Probably nothing like that though. Gab’s is most likely playing on his mac and Linda on her mp3. Its like on the plane with no internet so by the time you read this, we’ll be at the hotel where hopefully we’ll have internet. If not you’ll probably be reading this by the time we’re back in Singapore with Gabriel’s internet. Well, the guy’s internet. Though we don’t have internet, luckily we have a powerport which means wont run out of power and can blog and blog and blog muahahahahaha lol. But probably wont because you know...I have a life. Well...as much of a life I can have being stuck in this seat for the next five hours with Betty telling me what to do. Before we just had dinner which was the food we had yesterday for lunch at Bugis, forgot what it was called though. According to Betty, she calls it the orange “mei fun” thing with egg, lime and chilli and beansprouts and fried tofu. Which she ate the the last of mine because I became full, though I don’t know why. Must have been because the water I’ve been drinking on the bus because I was thirsty, as all I’ve had the whole day was a cup of three in one coffee that Gabriel’s grandmother so kindly made for me. Right now Betty is a bit (more like very and laughing her ass off and disgusted) hysterical because we think theres a gay couple sitting in front of. I kinda had a clue one of them was gay because Betty goes to me “is the guy in front of you a guy or a girl? Because I see him wearing women’s singlet”. That and I just saw them give each other a kiss. Personally Im not too fussed over it. Now Betty thinks one of them is a woman because of the tone of her/his voice. Think this is getting monotonous? This could go for a bit since we have the powerboard lol.
Just one more thing before I forget it lol. Right now we’re encountering a bit of turbulence and the bus is shaking a lot which is making it a bit difficult to type and read.

Hmmm lets talk about something else. Day before yesterday Gabriel and I spent the day out waiting to pick up Betty and Linda, which was pretty fun. Just spent the day out in town looking at stuff like books and clothes and videos. We also played a game of pool which I sucked soo badly in. Need to get more practice here. Also went to a lan centre where we played COD4, CS and Halflife deathmatch, but it was pretty boring since it was pretty much just us two in every map. That and I suck at the games too lol. We also got to check on their arrival time on the Changi airport website, which we couldn’t do because the internet was super slow and kept on dying on us. After that, we felt it was time to go pick the girls up, so we headed to Somerset station and caught a train to Changi Airport. The MRT station at the airport is soooo cool. Its huge. And it looks sooo nice too. So pretty. Makes me want to take the MRT to the airport since its so simple. Also we got there at like 8:30 when they’re flight was arriving at 9:30. We kinda overestimated the time it takes to get to the airport, especially since we were already halfway there lol. But it wasn’t too bad. Gabriel showed me how to get around for when I leave on my own, since Pete wont be leaving with me as he has to stay in Malaysia for a wedding. I should be alright when I leave. Just do everything you did in Melbourne.

After showing me what to do, we head upto the viewing mall to look at planes before heading to Terminal 3 to explore and find the food place to have dinner since we were so starving as we didnt eat all day because we were going to have dinner with Betty and Linda. That and we were kinda too poor lol. I know I was. So after exploring Terminal 3 for a bit, we try to find our way out but before that Gabriel decided to have a coffee. I was going to get one too but couldn’t really be bothered. Gabriel got a macchiato, not knowing what it was, because it was the cheapest thing available. He payed like $3.90 for it and all he got was this dinky little cup that was soo small. Reminded me of the time Alvin got a short black coffee lol. Whats more, that small macchiato was sooo strong as well. It was soo bitter. Gabriel couldn’t even finish it. I made a dare with him that I could skull the whole thing because I suggested he do that, which I did. Bad idea though. For the rest of the night, felt as though I couldn’t close my eyes lol. Well after that, at like 9:30, Gabriel and I head down to the arrivals area to greet Betty and Linda as they arrive. We went os early because Betty nagged me to get there on time as they weren’t bringing any SG and didnt want to make them worry. Man...they took so long to get down. Even Linda commented that we should have waited half an hour, as Gabriel had suggested. So in that time waiting for them, Gabriel got a taro pie from Burger King, withdrew money from an ATM and we walked around the visitor’s centre collecting all these brochures so we can pretend we used all that time constructively, which we didnt. Its fun waiting for people at the airport. Its so exciting, your about to see people whom you haven’t seen in ages. Even though its only been a week and been talking to them on msn, its still exciting to see them again. Also just for the fun of it, I want to go to the arrival hall at airports and just wave at random people lol.

I see Betty and Linda rolling their trolley past, give them a bit of a wave, though Betty says my wave was a frantic one, and they come out. They would have given us a hug but they were sticky and icky lol. Gabriel calls his friend and asks how they got to the food court in terminal 3 and we take the sky rail there. We pretty much just got the food that Janice got for us when she picked us up, like Char Keow Tow and chicken rice but we got this chicken thing that I wanted last time I was at the airport and Ice Jelly instead of Ice Kachang, which I think I like more because of the jelly. Linda got me the nicest pack of tissues lol. Maybe take a photo of it and show you lol. After ate, which Linda didnt seem to eat much and we just shared by rotating plates lol, we left and took a taxi back to Gab’s place and showed them around the house, worrying that they would freak out at seeing the bedroom which we would have to share. Luckily they didnt freak out and thought it was pretty good lol. We also saw how Gabriel had to sleep as he didnt think it would be a good idea to share beds with me. I don’t know why. I wouldn’t mind. We’d just be sleeping head to toe, kinda way. Anyway, his new bed is like a small single mattress tucked in the tiny gap in front of Betty and Linda’s bed, which is less than a metre. Poor bastard.

Yesterday we spent the time just setting Betty and Linda up with sim cards and ezylink cards. Sim cards we had to wait till Gabriel got his IC to get because apparently the Singaporean government is trying to fight terrorism by limiting each person to 10 simcards in their lifetimes, which guess makes sense. The 7-11 person is so knowledgeable lol. Didnt really expect that. No offence to people who work at 7-11s. While we waited for Gabriel to get his IC, I showed Betty and Linda round Bugis Junction, which probably wasn’t the best idea as I don’t really know my way around. We also went to the Guardian shop and got some essentials that Betty and Linda didnt bring. Afterwards went to Bugis Street and looked at cheap clothes. Saw this really nice white top with like manga style characters on it. Looked pretty nice. And then the night we just stayed in and ate Gabriel’s grandmother’s delicious dinner of crab, fish and fishballs and a soup which had frog in it apparently, but I didnt eat the frog though the soup was really nice.
And then today, just did some last minute packing and headed for the bus to go to Malaysia. Right now we’re just going through like jungle, which looks really nice, though a tad dull. Before we went past this really beautiful valley kinda thing and as we left Singapore, saw a great stretch of water was amazing and Betty and Gabriel took photos of it so you’ll probably see it later. Betty would blog now but since I took so long, she’s asleep now so she’ll probably blog later. Now I think I’ll just play with Betty’s iTouch (its soooo fun) and sleep .

Janson.
-__________________________________________________________________________________
After the toilet stop

Well now the 4 of us are back on the bus after a 15 minute toilet break at some place. Argh! my first drop toilet in over 4 years. Must say it wasn’t that bad, after those traumatic experiences in Beijing 
Now we’re back on the bus, and i think in a few hours we will be dropped off in front of our hotel. Yay for that. I just can’t wait to finally arrive and PLONK on my OWN bed. Yay for no more sharing a bed with linda! For the past few hours Janson and i have just been sitting here in these comfy seats. They are soo much more comfortable than what linda and i had on the QF to Singapore. OOOO i can now see these high rise apartment buildings. Just thought i’d note that cos it’s the first actual BUILDING thing i’ve seen in Malaysia (excluding the customs thing) oh great. We’re back in jungley amazonic palm tree area again =.= this airbus is pretty cool. The seats are wide and extremely comfortable. There is so much leg room. I think i might just adjust my seat back just to annoy Gabriel whose sitting directly behind me at the moment.

Well let’s see what happened this morning. Well as usual janson gets maximum sleep while Linda and i wake up at around 7,( so i got about 6-7 hours sleep, that’s okay considering that i only got about 3-4 hours sleep the night before. Gabriel got no sleep, so while i was packing, eating etc. Gabriel just slept on the comfy mattress Janson has been managing to get maximum sleep on. I think im going to take that mattress when we get back from Malaysia HEHE ^^
Hm i don’t have much to say now. I just want to get to Midvalley and just lie on my own bed. I’ll talk to you soon. OH YEAH i hope you enjoyed my extremely long blog yesterday. I couldn’t stop laughing when Janson saw how long it was, we word counted it and it was 1500 words + HAHAHA oh well. I didnt ‘want’ to make it that long, i just told you everything that happened.
Ok i’ll blog soon

Betty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home