Thursday, January 8, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, yes I am somewhat aware that New Years was a week ago...its the time difference...there is a week long time difference...Im sensing Im not being very persuasive. Fine fine, I was just too lazy and too busy to blog about. Happy? No? Well too fricken bad lol jkjk. Sorry I haven’t been keeping up to date with this blog. Just that so much happens here and you know...Im lazy lol.
So what has been happening? Hmmm kinda hard to remember what we did, but I remember the generalities of it.
First of all was New Years which was amazing. It was spent on a bridge somewhere in town outside the Esplanade with Gabriel, Pete, Sarah, Jared (Gabriel’s younger siblings) and Hui Ying and Mei Chin as e counted down to the new year and the fireworks. We got there a tad too early (think we got there at like 10? Or maybe earlier?) and we just sat there waiting for the fireworks. But it wasn’t too bad, we burned time by playing Big Two and “Who What Huh” which was pretty fun. We also had to put up with the performance on the television, which was of a guy in a green chicken suit doing some really crappy singing. But soon all the waiting and the crappy singing came to an end and we were presented with one of the best fireworks displays I have ever seen. I have no idea how the fireworks around the world was but Im glad I was able to see the ones in Singapore because it was so awesome. It was long, synchronised and had music to go with it which made it so cool and more organised and to tune. Didnt seem as random as the ones you see in Melbourne, and also had like a tone to it as well. After the amazing fireworks display, we started to head back, and the place was so crowded that we had to form a congo line so we wouldn’t get lost. Which reminds me, at first when we went to the underpass to get to the esplanade, we weren’t allowed to go through because it was too full apparently, but Mei Chin just goes “wait, our family is already inside, there there” and we were allowed through lol. Anyway, the whole road was packed like hell. It was worse than the KL monorail at peak hour. We were literally body against body but closer. And we were all packed up against the sidewalk waiting to get to the pedestrian crossing so we could get to Marina Square. On the way there we had a bit of an altercation, when a drunken Caucasian woman with a Singaporean accent with her husband behind her and her kids in front and behind with the maid, just barges through the crowd blowing her whistle loudly. At first I thought it was a cop until I realised it wasn’t and then she continues blowing, despite the fact that no one can move an inch. After Pete asked her politely to stop blowing her whistle, she just blows it in Pete’s ears a couple of times, even louder than she did before. After that, Pete tried to take the whistle out of her mouth, which he misses and Hui Ying gets it off her. After that there was a lot of swearing and Gabriel trying to be the peacemaker that he is by asking the woman to stop swearing because her kid was right in front of her, and Gabs said Mei Chin was being the typical Singaporean by just looking away and covering her eyes lol. After a while, the woman and her family walk off somewhere else and we manage to cross the street to Marina Square Shopping Centre where we take our seat at Maccas and just wait until it clears out a bit inside so we could order food, but Hui Ying and Mei Chin were a bit too hungry so just went inside to do a food run for us. After a while longer, we were still hungry so I went inside and got three large chips, which Gabs said was enough but I didnt think it was. After the chips, we headed to the MRT station where we were able to catch the last train back to get picked up by Gab’s parents who were at Clarke Quay.

New Years Resolutions? Well normally I only have one but since this was such an amazing year which culminated in this simply awesome end of year trip, I decided to go all out and have three.
First of all is to make more out of my life and be more constructive and do things like get a job, take up a hobby, do more writing, go out more. After exams and before I set out for this trip, I realised how empty my life was, just filled with studying, school, manga and sleep. And after exams, school and studying went with it, which just leaves manga and sleep, which isn’t exactly all that fulfilling. Theres only so many hours you can sleep, though Im trying to beg to differ. That and I also realised how quickly time flies. I can remember just a month ago, I was waiting outside my house with my parents for Gabriel to come pick me up. I can remember just two months ago, I was crapping myself over my English Exam. I can remember just 12 months ago, I rocked up to the Landy Centre for my first day of ear 12. Its all gone by so quickly. Thats why I want to make the most out of my life before it finishes as a result of natural causes or Uni lol.

Second resolution is to keep those close to me closer and to cherish who and what I have. Throughout this year, I have realised how important people are in our lives and what an impact they have on us, which is why I don’t ever want to lose those who are important to me. This trip I feel have brought us all closer and in some ways, made us into a weird sort of family brood. We might have our differences and little tiffs, but at the end of the day, we all have to return to the same house and to the same room. We also seem to have formed our own little language, much of it taken from Gabriel’s vocabulary, with words such as “awesome” and “relax” put into circulation. Also I’ve noticed that at the start of the trip, it was “can I borrow your shampoo” and “can I borrow your this and this” and soon we didnt have to ask and just left whatever we need in the bathroom for all to use, like a normal family. We just had “our toothpaste” and “our shampoo” and “our food”. It was no longer “I” and felt more like “us”, as we all just got used to each other and became more familiar.

Final resolution, is to work my ass off to get from Melbourne Arts into Melbourne Media. The result I got, while wasn’t bad, wasn’t ideal either. It served as a wake up call that told me “I have not been working hard enough this year. Get your ass into gear and work hard enough this year”, and as such, my goal would be to work harder, get the credits needed to transfer from Arts to Media, where I’ll actually have a chance of finding a job with my degree.

Well I think thats all from me for now. I’ll talk about my other exploits in Singapore another time. I’ll leave you with my New Years Special, simply because I cant be bothered adding more to this and its late enough (how the hell Im going to meet deadlines as a journalist, I have no freakin idea). I’ll probably blog more frequently now that we’re not doing that much and just relaxing more than anything else. And eating of course lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home