Monday, January 12, 2009

Things that I miss and will miss

As my time here winds down and my time of departure comes, I’ve been using my spare time riding on the MRT or when Im just zoning out (which happens quite often) I’ve been reflecting upon my time here and on when I get back and I’ve somewhat formed a list of things about home that I miss, and things from my travels abroad that I will miss, as well as a few things I definitely know I wont be needing in Melbourne.

Things that I miss from home:
• My bed, my shower, my toilet, my flush, etc
• My computer and all its files, and not having to charge it
• Constant unbroken fast internet access
• Constant supply of coffee (had so many headaches)
• Knowledge of where the toilet paper is
• Manga and anime (6 weeks of not reading manga. Note to self: Read everything posted after Nov 26, of Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Bloody Monday, Koukou Debut, Kiss/Hug)
• Seeing and hugging Elmo, having him sleep on my bed after everyone in the house has left
• Family, Friends. Havent seen you guys in ages. Want to see if you guys changed much. Cant wait till we all meet up
• Melbourne weather, although it’ll be worse than Singapore weather on the day I get back
• Aussie powerports (so glad I can say good bye to that power adaptor)

Things that I will miss from overseas
• The food: roti prata, nasi briyani, ice kachang, stingray, etc
• Singaporean food prices
• All the adventures we’ve had exploring and just doing crazy things like midnight cycling
• Singapore and Hong Kong public transport (6 minutes for a train, max)
• The ability to go down stairs at like 10 at night to get food
• That shops don’t close at 6
• Cheap shopping: Mong Kok is the best place ever
• Random moments with Betty, Linda and Gabriel
• Boon Keng Chicken rice
• Gabriel’s music
• Phrases such as kopi beng (try saying that in Starbucks), kopi c, shiok
• Fast trains
• Use of Ezy-link card and Octopus
• Wide availability of asian music and shows and movies
• Cable television and watching Mythbusters non-stop and the history channel

Things that I will not miss from overseas
• KL public transport; as in Gabriel’s words “Fail: 14 minutes for a train” and having to get a new ticket just to use another mode of transport
• Polluted air
• Living out of my suitcase
• The smell of durian. Bleh, Gabriel’s parents bought apparently 10kg of durians which just arrived tonight and its reeking up the house. Glad I only have one day left here. One other time, we were eating dinner out and Jared comes to the table with two bowls of Ice Kachang with durian and it smelled horrible, and that was just the sauce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home